Thursday, October 25, 2007

sissy

I have a sister who’s 4 years, 11 months, and 12 days older than me. She married and moved away from home when I was 13 years, 3 months, and 5 days old. I was 15 years and 6 months old when she had her first son. There are 6 years, 7 months, and 6 days between the dates we were married. There are 6 years, 4 months, and 6 days between the birthdates of her first son and my only son. Enough statistics?

When I was born, Mary wanted to send me back. Supposedly, I cried too much and wouldn’t play with her. Even though my sister’s attitude was selfish, I didn’t hold it against her. After I was old enough to be fun, she became a sweet “little mommy”. Today, she remains a wise, understanding, and entertaining sister. She is still lots of fun!

God blessed me with a sister like Mary! She is especially caring, exceedingly considerate, and extremely compassionate. We have a fantastic relationship, we’ve always gotten along well, and there is nothing we can’t share with each other.

My sis enjoys cooking large meals, especially for family. The larger the number of place settings, the happier she is. Her love for family is a significant part of her life. It’s a treasured relationship, never to be taken for granted. I’m grateful to call her sis and thankful I can make her laugh!

Mary - I smile because you're my sister, I laugh because there's nothing you can do about it!

My Sister
she knows the things I dream of,
the places that I've been,
she accepts the person I've become,
she's a very special friend.
she's always been there for me
no matter where I roam,
and whenever we're together,
it's just like being home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU are the best I'm so thankful God bless us with each other...it is wonderful to know there is someone I can always share my thoughts, fears, hopes, wishes and dreams. You have always been there for all of us, encouraging, sharing your knowledge. The only thing is .... "THE LOOK" I don't remember how is even started but if it makes you happy for me to look stupid I guess I'm glad to do my part. I LOVE YOU!!