Tuesday, October 16, 2007

in the quietness of the morning

I wasn’t able to sleep last night, so this morning I’ve taken some time to just relax and think. As my thoughts drifted about, I happened upon the subject of peace.

For me, peace is an emotional state of calmness, harmony, contentment, tranquillity, quietness, serenity, stillness, and silence. The only way to have peace within, is to know God within. If I put my cares in His hands, I can have peace in my heart. With everyday responsibilities, distractions, difficulties, etc., it’s sometimes hard to remember the inner peace is there.

May I continually focus on Jesus and experience the peace of God.

And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7 (RSV)

I said, "Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest--
Psalms 55:6 (NIV)

(the Spirit of God...who descended like a dove upon His Son, as recorded in the four Gospels.)

No comments: