Saturday, October 20, 2007

saturday morning

For some strange and unexplainable reason, I awoke earlier than normal this morning. As I was making coffee, I glanced outside and saw that the sky still held immense darkness. I waited eagerly as the tantalizing aroma of coffee brewing made me glad I had awoken to enjoy the dawn of a new day. After the coffee completed its brew, I grabbed my “Appalachian State Mom” mug and pressed it against the pour button.

Mark bought this new coffee maker. I think Tom told him about it (they are both avid coffee enthusiasts). There is nothing wrong with our old coffee maker, but this one is “new and improved”. It has several superior features – such as no carafe for me to break. This purchase was not frivolous – it was a necessary upgrade. I love our new Hamilton Beach 12-Cup BrewStation Coffee Maker Model #47214.

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalms 118:24 (NIV)

2 comments:

momofthreegirls said...

You know Tom loves his. Glad to hear that you like it too. Our crazy hubby's huh?

Tom Burger said...

Kinda like upgrading from a Ford to a Mercedes Benz, huh?

Is there anything better on this old planet than that first cup in the morning? Drink it slow. Savor it. Enjoy it as the sun streaks the morning sky. AAAHHHHH!