Thursday, March 31, 2011

make the time to...



This morning, I was once again ashamed.  Ashamed of my lack of quiet time with my Savior.  I had/have many things to do today, and I rushed and hurried on my way.  Then I thought/think about the days I skip it all together and I’m very guilty.  Every day of my life, I can  make all the time needed to be still, to listen and know that God is God.  After all, I owe my life and everything to Him.    

It’s easy to pick up a devotional book or magazine and quickly read a couple of paragraphs and hastily read a few Bible verses and hurriedly say a prayer.  And, before I know it, I can’t remember what I read and I’ve fallen into a sinful routine.  I say this with embarrassment and shame – to whoever reads this, but most importantly to Jesus.  I ask for forgiveness and ask for direction and ask for wisdom.  I must sincerely pray to and listen to God and to Jesus and to the Holy Spirit. 

I talk aloud to God throughout the day, but I can’t hear Him unless I’m quiet and still and listen and focus.  Only then can I hear Him speak - the Creator and Deliverer and Lord and Savior and Almighty and Everlasting.  There is plenty of time in my day to meditate on God’s Word and allow Him to speak to my heart.  I love and trust and have faith and love Him.  It’s time to show I do.      

“Be still, and know that I am God.
Psalm 46:10 ESV

No comments: