Tuesday, March 29, 2011

give thanks, seek His will

pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 NAS

The truth is, when it comes to being thankful for everything in my life, I often completely fail.  I realize that everything happens because it’s the will of God.  I know His Word is true.  I know He is faithful.  I know He loves me.  I know He is in control.  He is in control of everything.  But there are those times I need reminding that He is in control of everything.

Sometimes I’m happy and sometimes I’m sad, sometimes I’m comforted and sometimes I’m hurting, sometimes I’m calm and sometimes I’m upset, sometimes I’m well and sometimes I’m sick, sometimes I’m encouraged and sometimes I’m frustrated,  sometimes I understand and sometimes I question.

My life would be better if I totally and completely obey and trust God. It would be better if ...
1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 was monogrammed on my heart.

No comments: