Wednesday, March 2, 2011

lay it down


Have you ever had burdens in your life weigh you down?  Way down, like a backpack full of rocks?   It’s difficult and painful.  Sometimes, it takes me longer than it should, but I finally remember I don’t have to carry my burdens alone.  I don’t have to struggle alone.  I don’t have to hurt or grieve or suffer or cry alone.  I’m a child of God, and He will always carry me.  I don’t have to be alone.  I constantly need God in my life.

When I lay down my burdens at the feet of Jesus, I need to leave them there.  I don’t need to pick them up again.

I read this somewhere, and it struck home with me.  Thought I'd share:
We all have burdens. Some have physical burdens like chronic sickness or some disability that you cannot change. Some have spiritual burdens. Satan might have struck your life and bonded you spiritually. Some of you may be dealing with emotional burdens like depression, anxiety, loneliness, heartache of a loss, or financial struggles.  The fact is we all have burdens and cares and they weigh down upon us like a load on the back. 

Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.
Psalm 55:22 NAS

No comments: