Friday, March 11, 2011

grace, grace, God’s grace


Sometime ago I made a note that ‘Grace is God’s infinite generosity’.  That sums it up quite well.  To be honest here, there have been times in my life that I couldn’t ‘see’ God’s grace.  Times when I didn’t understand why I deserved grace.  I sing Amazing Grace, but do I realize what it is?  Ask me the definition of grace, and I probably can’t answer the question.  It’s a very complex subject (to me).

God gives of His grace freely.  It’s His gift to us.  When I accepted Jesus as my Savior, I accepted God’s grace.  His grace has no strings attached, no conditions, no limits, no taking back, no failure.  Even though I haven’t, don’t, nor won’t ever deserve grace, God gives it to me anyway.  Amazing.   

For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NAS

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18 NAS

No comments: