Tuesday, November 27, 2007

overflowing with thankfulness

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
Colossians 2:6-7 (NIV)

Today, I am really tired. I wanted to sleep at least until 10:00 am. Callie had other intentions in mind. She irritated me in every conceivable way her little cat brain could think of. After episodes of acrobatics, she somehow accomplished activities she knew were against the household rules. Callie played piano on the window blinds, she attempted to pull the covers from over my head, and she danced on the dresser. I believed that if she couldn’t see me, she’d give up the cause. After more antics than I could handle, I lugged myself out of bed. All she wanted was her wet food. Her other bowl held a sizeable amount of dry food. When Callie eats, I can experience tranquility – what a novel idea!

The Thanksgiving holidays inevitably consists of lots of traveling packed into four short days. Actually, the total trips were approximately 430 miles, and every single mile was worth it.

The opportunity to visit with family and friends, especially among feelings of thankfulness and pumpkin pie and chocolate brownies, reminds me how important each person is within my life. Each individual touches my life in a unique way (including Princess, the kitty). My life’s experiences, attitudes, insights, and feelings wouldn’t be the same, and therefore, I wouldn’t be the person that I am. I’m thankful to be Olivia’s Nana, and for the joy she brings. My life is overflowing with love!

The person in my life, who has made the most difference, is Jesus Christ. I am thankful I asked him into my heart and to have control over my life. Thank you Lord for the blessing of family, friends, and love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.