Wednesday, November 21, 2007

i’m thankful for…

This time of year, I more than ever remember my countless blessings from God. There are blessings that I’m very aware of, and blessing that I don’t yet recognize. Of the many gifts from God, the foremost one is my salvation in Jesus Christ. I grew up in a Christian family, and accepted Christ at the age of 6. I later realized that at age 6, my decision was based on my fear of hell. As a 17 year old teenager, I sincerely made a decision for Christ. My family is close, we love each other, and we act like it. I’m very thankful my upbringing was rooted in Jesus Christ.

Words can’t accurately describe my love for Mark. God blessed me with a devoted and compassionate husband, and my love for him has grown each moment of our 27+ years as one. Andrew has always been the son I prayed he would be. I'm very proud of him and the man he has become. God’s plan was at work when Andrew met Sheila. I began praying for her when Andrew was still a young boy. They are a delightful couple, and with the addition of Olivia, the three are a loving family, of which I am thankful for. I’m thankful for Olivia, and for being her Nana. And, yes, I’m grateful that Callie is in my life.

These are the main blessings I’m thankful for, but there are so many small blessings in my life. I feel so blessed and I’m thankful for my countless blessings from God.

Enter His gates with thanksgiving (and) His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name. Psalms 100:4 (NAS)

1 comment:

momofthreegirls said...

You are a blessed woman of God