Thursday, November 8, 2007

amazing love

He who does not love does not know God; for God is love. (1 John 4:8 RSV)

Since becoming a Christian, I’ve often read and studied about Christian love. I’ve learned that God loves us because He is love. God’s love is unconditional, eternal, changeless, and infinite. It’s true, it’s strong, and it’s wondrous. It’s mighty and it’s amazing. I can rest in the love of God; I’m forever safe and forever blessed. That's awesome!

There’s a song by Chris Tomlin named “Amazing Love/You Are My King”. It’s a worship and praise song that touches my heart. The lyrics are a reminder of His love. http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/christomlin/youaremyking.html

God created us to have a loving relationship with Him. There is no such thing as love without God. Many years ago, I made a sermon note in my Bible – “Love is not a feeling, it is a decision”. I love God, my family, and my friends – but have I made a decision to love others? That’s a commandment of God and without the love of God in me, I could never practice it.

Another sermon note in my Bible is “The world must see the love of Jesus in all we do”. Wow! It’s essential that I always remember God’s love is in me and I’m commanded to live like it!

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. (John 13:34 NIV)

No comments: