Thursday, November 29, 2007

Oh Pleeeeeeze…..

What happened to simpler times?

There's an “exciting” new toy I’ve seen advertised for Christmas. The commercial shows a boy and a girl pleading for bedtime. (What’s wrong with this picture?) It seems this new toy will read a story aloud and display the corresponding pictures on the wall. What is wrong with this, I ask?

What happened to family time? What happened to Daddy and/or Mommy reading bedtime stories to their child/children? I looked forward to reading Andrew a bedtime story, and we enjoyed a special time together. I usually read him a Bible story before he drifted off to sleep. He enjoyed listening to the story and looking at the pictures. I wonder, however did we survive without this new contraption? Very well, thank you!

No comments: