Saturday, February 6, 2016

my wish

(from Godvine) This story caught my attention and made me consider how I fit into today's technology...
      

We all know someone who seems to be attached to their cell phone. No matter where they are or what they are doing, they just can't seem to put their phone down. These folks are easy to spot, right?  (Yes, I admit my guilt.)
Well, one heartbreaking note a teacher received from a student proves it may not be as easy to spot this problem as we think...
A teacher was at home, and after dinner she started checking the homework done by her students. Her husband was strolling around with his smart phone, playing his favorite game ‘Candy Crush Saga’.
When reading the last note, tears rolled silently down the wife's face.
Her husband saw this and asked, 'Why are you crying dear? What happened?  She answered, 'Yesterday I gave homework to my first grade students, to write something on the topic of 'My Wish'.'

'OK, but why are you crying?'

She replied, 'Today, the last note made me cry.'
Her husband asked curiously, 'What’s written in the note that makes you cry?'
**************************************************
My Wish

My wish is to become a smart phone.  My parents love their smart phones very much.

They care about their smart phones so much that sometimes they forget to care about me. When my father comes home from the office tired, he has time for his smart phone, but not for me.

When my parents are doing some important work and the smart phone starts ringing, within a single ring they answer the phone. But not me...even if I am crying.

They play games on their smart phones, not with me. When they are talking to someone on their smart phones, they never listen to me, even if I am telling them something important.

So, my wish is to become a smart phone.

**************************************************
After listening to the note, the husband got emotional and asked his wife, 'Who wrote this?'
She said, 'Our son.'

No comments: