Saturday, February 13, 2016

what matters

The God who created, names, and numbers the stars in the heavens also numbers the hairs of my head.  He pays attention to very big things and to very small ones. What matters to me matters to Him, and that changes my life.
Elisabeth Elliot


What matters supremely is not, in the last analysis, the fact that I know God, but the larger fact which underlies it the fact that He knows me. I am graven on the palms of His hands. I am never out of His mind.  All my knowledge of Him depends on His sustained initiative in knowing me. I know Him because He first knew me, and continues to know me.
J. I. Packer

One hundred years from today your present income will be inconsequential.  One hundred years from now it won’t matter if you got that big break....It will greatly matter that you knew God.
David Shibley

Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:12 NAS

No comments: