Tuesday, February 1, 2011

gifts..............

The greatest gift I’ve ever received is perfect.  It’s Jesus!  And, His Word and His salvation and His love and His grace and His protection and His mercy and His power and His forgiveness and His security...  I received these gifts because I gave my life to Him.  Because I repented of my sins.  Do I understand the sacrifice He willing gave?  Do I ever take Him for granted?  Am I thankful for Him?  Do I realize how blessed I am?  Do I depend on Him?  Am I grateful for Him?  Am I faithful to Him?  Do I worship Him? 

Do I deserve these gifts from God?  NO!  That’s where His grace and mercy comes in.
 
Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.
James 1:7 NAS

for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
Romans 11:29 NAS

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
Ephesians 2:8 NAS

No comments: