Friday, February 11, 2011

all things work for good

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28 NAS

To me, this verse says that I, as a Christian, will still go thru pain and heartache and sadness and suffering and troubles and anxieties and hardships and burdens and difficulties and grief and testing and more.  To me, it also says that God will use each of these things for His own good.  I can’t and won’t escape bad times.  I often don’t understand or know why.  When I became a Christian, God never promised me a happy and carefree journey thru life.

When I look back at some of the most challenging times I’ve faced, I can now see how God used them.  God meant these things for good.  It’s a lesson hard to learn, but God is in charge of every aspect of my life.

I love God with all my heart, but He loves me so much more.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Good word.