Monday, February 14, 2011

bright light or dim light, there’s only one choice

There’s a children’s song that many may be familiar with.  The title is ‘This Little Light of Mine’.  The chorus and the first line of each verse are below:

This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.

Hide it under a bushel? No!  Don't let Satan blow it out,  Let it shine till Jesus comes,

A little song sung by innocent little children.  I sang it many times when I taught the three-year-old Sunday School class. 

As a Christian, do I shine for Jesus?  Do I shine His light for others to see?  Do I share His light in a dark world?  Does my life shine for Him?  Do my words shine for Him?  Do my actions shine for Him? 

These are questions I need to pray about.  These are questions I need to answer.

"You are the light that gives light to the world. A city that is built on a hill cannot be hidden. And people don't hide a light under a bowl. No. People put the light on a lamp table. Then the light shines for all the people in the house. In the same way, you should be a light for other people. Live so that people will see the good things you do. Live so that people will praise your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:14-16 ERV

No comments: