Monday, February 7, 2011

stars above


In his ‘second’ senior year, my son lived in a townhouse with three other young men.  The road to it was steep and curvy, just as I like.  I loved the mountain setting and the excellent view of Boone down below.

Hub and I were visiting, and I will never, ever forget what I saw that night.  I sat alone on the steps of the rear deck, with the lights of Boone concealed behind me.  I looked upward and stared in awe at the black sky above.  There were literally millions and millions of stars and a bright, white moon.  The sheer beauty was unimaginable to me. 

It struck me that the God who created this splendor also created me.  He knew how many stars were above me, and He knew everything about me. 

Yes, God knows every single detail of my life...the past, the present, and the future.  The good and bad, the joy and sorrow, the delightful and painful, the peaceful and suffering, the calmness and anger, the hopeful and depressing, the happiness and sadness, the right and wrong...  you get the idea.

That night I saw millions and millions of stars.  At home, I do well to see five stars.  It reminds me that God is always with me thru thick and thin.  Millions of stars or five stars, no matter what.

fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10 ESV

1 comment:

theStovers said...

There is no shame in squeezing 4 years into 5. I loved astronomy class at App for the same reasons.