Monday, January 31, 2011

finding joy I came across this topic, and was reminded that joy, holy joy, is not to be hidden away. It doesn’t matter if my circumstances are discouraging or difficult or daunting or demanding or disappointing or desperate or devastating. Joy remains in my heart – Jesus joy. There are times I can’t find that joy, but I know that joy is still there. There was a children’s song that went – “I’ve got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart. Where? Down in my heart. Where?” etc – and ended with “down in my heart to stay!” First of all, Jesus suffered on this earth. Job went thru unspeakable circumstances, and he still had Jesus joy. When Paul was in prison, he knew that having joy didn’t depend on his circumstances. Moses, Noah, Jacob, Timothy, Adam and Eve – the Bible tells of numerous men who suffered. Actually, all mankind suffers. Christians suffer. We were told that we would suffer. But we need to remember that we still have joy – Jesus joy. He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. Job 8:21 NIV Even in laughter the heart may ache, and joy may end in grief. Proverbs 14:13 NIV Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. Psalms 126:5 NIV He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him. Psalm 126:6 NIV

No comments: