Tuesday, September 14, 2010

pause 'n ponder

God says to leave the church building and go and tell His message to ALL, yet laymen are asked to “befriend” people in order to EVENTUALLY invite them to come and hear at church. How do we justify passing the buck and pushing the burden of evangelism on the professional?  What about the billions who will never attend church? Do they miss the chance to go to heaven because YOU are lazy? Are lost people viewed as potential tithers (church “customers”) OR people who need Jesus Christ, wherever the Spirit leads them to attend?
(unknown)

to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,
Eph. 4:12 ESV

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
1 Cor. 9:24-27 ESV

No comments: