Thursday, September 9, 2010

eagle's wings


Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.
Isaiah 40:31 NAS

This is one of my most treasured Bible verses.  I return to it again and again. 
 
I understand what God is saying, I understand that He alone gives me strength, I understand that strength is divine, I understand that strength is unshakable.  I admit, there are times when I feel totally alone, times that I’m extremely tired, times that I want to crawl under the covers, times that I shake my head and deeply sigh.  

But, I also understand that He is always here.  Always with me.  Always.  It doesn’t matter what it is, devastating or minuscule, I can always and only depend on Him.  I have a note in my Bible that reads:  Let’s call upon, let’s wait upon, let’s depend upon the Lord.  That’s it!

I just need reminding.  And, once again, I return to Isaiah 40:31.

No comments: