Saturday, September 25, 2010

moving on up


It won’t be too much longer until I move into my brand new home!  The driveway doesn’t have cracks and the windows never need cleaning and the siding doesn’t need washing and the grass never has to be cut and all the flowers stay in bloom and nothing about the home ever has to be repaired or cleaned or updated.  Sounds awesome, doesn’t it!?

But, seriously...My new home has jasper walls and foundations of precious stones and stones like sapphire and emerald and chrysolite and topaz and amethyst. It has gates of pearls and streets of pure gold like clear glass and there’s a river of life and a tree of life and the throne of God.  There isn’t any pain or grief or sorrow or death.  Sounds awesome, doesn’t it!?  It is!!  Jesus will welcome me there!

In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.  John 14:2-3 ESV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the email David sent me right after Dad died talking bout what heaven is like. MW