Sunday, April 18, 2010

what matters the most (reprise)

When I was growing up, there were things I dreamed about being, and things I dreamed about doing. I’d imagine my future held promise, and believe my life had possibility. I dared to dream, but did my dreams to come true? A few became realities, but most were never fulfilled. But in the end, as long as I believed in myself and believed in Jesus Christ, that’s what mattered the most.

I dreamed of being:
a singer – quite gifted, perhaps someone like Rebecca St. James
a musician – harp, flute, and piano, incredible at all three
an ice skater – graceful and breathtaking
an artist – painting landscapes, striving to capture the splendor of God’s creation

I dreamed of:
sailing across vast seas overflowing with dolphins
riding in a hot air balloon on lazy summer mornings
hiking up a tall mountain bursting with waterfalls
camping in the wilderness close to Gentle Ben
living in a log cabin and having a pet deer

I'm all grown up, but even now, I still wonder and I still dare to dream. This one thing I know for sure - I searched and found the Lord. That's what matters the most...

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV)


"Come," my heart says, "seek his face!" Your face, Lord, do I seek.
Psalms 27:8 (NRSV)

No comments: