Friday, April 16, 2010

in my garden


This is my Father’s world,
and to my listening ears
all nature sings,
and round me rings
the music of the spheres.



(‘This is my Father’s World’, words by Malt­bie D. Bab­cock, 1901)
                                            
There’s a deep feeling of comfort when I’m in my garden.  I find it peaceful and relaxing and soothing and calming.  While resting on my bench, I enjoy the scents of flowers around me, the sounds of birds singing, the brilliant colors around me, the splash of goldfish in the pond, the amazing sky above, and the quiet, gentle breezes.

The sun warms and refreshes my soul, and in these precious moments, all is right with the world.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 
Genesis 1:1 NAS
God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. 
Genesis 1:31 NAS

No comments: