Thursday, April 1, 2010

is it well with your soul?

No matter what my circumstances are, can I truthfully say ‘it is well with my soul’?

No matter how terrible it may be, no matter how miserable it may be, no matter how difficult it may be, no matter how terrifying it may be, no matter how lonesome it may be, no matter how unbearable it may be, can I truthfully say ‘it is well with my soul’? Even thru sorrows and troubles and trials and...

Yes, even so, it is well with my soul!

It Is Well With My Soul’ is an old hymn that has great meaning to me. Its name may seem impossible to truthfully say, but with the peace of Jesus in my heart, it is.

The words of the first verse and refrain are:

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.


Only thru Jesus can I honestly say it is well with my soul!

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4-7 NAS


Even so, it is well with my soul.

No comments: