Monday, April 12, 2010

His love is eternal

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
(Romans 8:38-39 NAS)

This is a favorite verse of mine. As a Christian, it’s a comfort to know that God’s love is within me for eternity. I’m secure (and totally convinced) in the knowledge of His wondrous, mighty, and unconditional love. I do not, and I can not, envision my life separated from God. I pray that others would accept and believe in Jesus Christ, and experience the eternal love of God.

Considering how great the universe is, and how tiny and insufficient I am, there is no way I can begin to comprehend how much God loves me. He created every thing and every one that has been, that is, and that will be. I don’t have to, nor need to understand the vastness of God’s love. I just know that He does - He does love me.

No comments: