Wednesday, March 24, 2010

a disciple’s song – an invitation to give God your all

In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.
Luke 14:33 NIV


“God had hidden a song in my heart. And touching a tender chord, He caused me to sing."

Judson W Van DeVenter (1896) was struggling between his dream of becoming an outstanding and famous artist, and fully committing his life as an evangelist. A moment in his life came, and he surrendered completely to God’s will. “At last the time came when I could hold out no longer and I surrendered my all-my time and my talents. It was then that a new day was ushered into my life. I wrote I Surrender All in memory of the time when, after the long struggle, I had surrendered and dedicated my life to active Christian service for the Lord.”

This hymn is a reminder to totally surrender your life to God’s will. And, that said, when I sing this song, do I really mean what I’m singing???

All to Jesus I Surrender

All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.


Refrain

I surrender all, I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.


All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.


All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.


All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.


All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!

No comments: