Monday, March 29, 2010

*******************


-->
During my recent visit with the ‘kids’ and ‘grandkids’, I tried to sharpen my story telling ‘skills’. The first couple of stories weren't great, but I think I improved along the way.

I told these stories to the little lady. Each one began with “There once was a little girl (or princess or snuggle bug or little lady or doodle bug or... ) named (insert her name) who......... My imagination just wouldn’t flow unless she was in my lap with me holding her close. (Gotta love it!)

I made up adventures as I went, tying to be creative, and loving every minute! The little lady listened intently, sometimes widening her eyes with surprise, sometimes giggling, sometimes looking deep in thought, sometimes smiling, sometimes looking with a question.

Holding her close, with my love over flowing, these moments I’ll cherish forever.

And yes, we live happily every after, safe in the arms of Jesus...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you did well in relating the stories to her. How many stories have been made up as they were told...I know I have several. I'm so glad you got to go and share the time with them too. Sissy