Wednesday, March 3, 2010

broken heart and broken spirit


--> -->
We all need to be broken, because we are all born unbroken.
The more wounded we are, the more unbroken we become.
Anne Murchison


-->
Just what is ‘brokenness’? One definition is an acute and constant awareness of God’s presence, and devastation from the presence of my sin.


The way I see it, brokenness is a good thing. To completely and entirely and fully and totally surrender my heart to Jesus, then, and only then, will I be broken before God. And, I have to be broken hearted for God to use me. So, brokenness really is a good thing.
This is something I struggle with. Every step and every day. But I know God is with me every step that I take. Now, that is awesome!


Then, and only then, God can use me according to His will.


-->
Brokenness and freedom go together, in that order;
first suffering, then comfort;
first trouble, then joy;
first felt unworthiness, then felt love;
first death to the self, then resurrection of the soul.
Larry Crabb
The Pressure's Of
f

-->

No comments: