Thursday, March 25, 2010

*******************

While visiting my ‘kids’ and ‘grandkids’ recently, one night, the little fellow didn’t want to go to bed. In the darkish bedroom, I held him close, and softly sang. It was a moment I’ll cherish forever.

First of all, I’m not a good singer. However, the little fellow cuddled up and listened as I softly sang. He relaxed and snuggled with his Nana (a precious moment indeed!). Of course, ‘Jesus Loves Me’ was one of the songs. I’ve sung it at least a kazillion times. But, this time I really, really listened to the words.

I thought about how deeply and completely I love this little fellow. My grandchildren opened my heart with a new love I can’t explain, one I had never experienced before. Considering how much I love my grandchildren, to how much Jesus loves us, well, there is no comparison. His love is complete and perfect and true and accepting and amazing and genuine and enduring and everlasting and abundant and unconditional.

Wow! Jesus Loves Me!

2 comments:

momofthreegirls said...

Liz, I can just picture it....I can't wait for my turn. I love this post. Our love down here does not compare with God's love for us.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much he has grown since I saw him...time doesn't stand still. I know you will always remember the time you spent this trip. Sissy