Tuesday, July 24, 2012

always faithful


Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV

I’ve read this verse many times.  It has been used in devotions and sermons and lessons.  Today, I studied it my quiet time.  I thought how each word applied to my life in one way or another.

me:
Strong – Am I weak? Am I useless? Powerless?
Courageous – Am I unsure? Uncomfortable? Shy? Unwilling?
Afraid or Terrified – Am I scared? Am I a coward? Cautious? Uneasy?

God:
never leave, nor forsake – He’s always and forever in me.  He’s staying here and He’s not going anywhere.
He supports and defends and keeps and helps and protects and strengthens and sustains and cares and holds.  He does all of this for me. His child.

Just remember one thing, God is with you and will make everything beautiful at the right place and at the right time.

He is always faithful.  Always.

No comments: