Tuesday, July 17, 2012

did you know i’m adopted?


Being adopted makes me feel incredibly...um...I can’t think of the right word to describe the feeling I have.  I’m amazed at the fact that there is someone who sees past my sins, but loves me anyway.  Someone who teaches me how to live and how to love.  I mean real love to everyone. 

I know I can be angry and hateful and impatient and picky and irritable and inconsiderate and awful and irritating and rude and thoughtless and defiant and finicky and obnoxious and persnickety and mean and selfish and harsh and offensive and... Good grief!  This list is way too extensive!


I also can be moody and hurt and discouraged and upset and heavyhearted and sad and gloomy and emotional and depressed and weary and upset and unhappy and bothered and stressed and overwhelmed and troubled and burdened and distressed. Ok!  That’s enough!

Somewhere in between, I’d like to think I’m not such a bad person.  I do have some good qualities: I love and I care and I’m helpful and polite and kind.  Let’s just stop this list.  I realize I’ll never be good enough.
I also can be moody and hurt and discouraged and upset and heavyhearted and sad and gloomy and
Back to my adoption.  God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit.  That’s who adopted me.  I gave my life over to God and became His child.  Life is pretty awesome, isn’t it?

But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”
Galatians 4:4-6 NAS

 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.  For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!”  The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,
Romans 8:14-16 NAS

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
John 1:12 NAS

Yes, life is awesome!

No comments: