Tuesday, August 11, 2009

why? why? why? why? why? why?

When this little sweetie entered the enjoyable ”why?” phase, I tried to avoid answering “because I said so”. (But, there were times “because I said so!” was appropriate.)


I enjoyed our “why?” conversations. He did the asking and I did the answering. It became a game between the two of us, often played while in the car. We never knew how long it would take or how far we’d go before my final answer was spoken – “Because God is God!”.


We had lots of grins and giggles with our “Why?” game. We stretched our imaginations and learned a few things. There were times I'd ask why and he'd do the answering. Sometimes we acted plum silly. We saw some things in a different way, and other things with a different view. “Because God is God!” meant so much more. It was also a lesson learned.


No matter what we do or where we go, everything comes back to “Because God is God!”

God is the final and ultimate authority.

God is omniscient and omni sapient.

God’s word is the final authority.


Because God is God!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I remember that