Monday, August 10, 2009

peace...true peace

When I became a Christian,
God gave me everything I needed to live for Him, and everything I needed to live within His will. God gave me the gift of faith. I had no faith until I accepted His gift of salvation. God gave me the gift of grace. It was by the grace of God that saved me. God gave me His word. The Bible teaches and guides and equips and speaks and explains and comforts and blesses and... so much more.

Because I know God and God knows me,
because I have a personal relationship with God,
because He will never leave me,
because Jesus paid for my redemption,
because He hears my prayers,
because God forgives my sins,
because He speaks to me,
because God is so awesome,
because of His love,
because God is God,
that’s why I can find peace in my life...

to those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours: Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. 2 Peter 1:1-2 NIV

No comments: