Saturday, April 4, 2009

Immanuel

In last Sunday’s sermon, the pastor pointed out that Jesus felt unloved and unappreciated and used. I thought about that several times this week, and added other feelings I think Jesus may have felt. (I’m not including positive emotions here.)

Have you ever felt unloved?
Have you ever felt unappreciated?
Have you ever felt used?

denied?
sympathy?
tempted?
betrayed?
distressed?
deserted?
troubled?
pain?
rejected?
anger?
grief?

I’ve experienced each one, and Jesus identifies with them all. All of them, and so many more.

Sometimes I ‘forget’ that Jesus was fully man and fully God. Jesus was man. Yet He was man without sin. He shared the emotions of man and understands what we feel. He was one of us, but did not sin.

He was one of us! It’s wonderful to have a Savior who knows me so completely! Immanuel!

"BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL," which translated means, "GOD WITH US."
Matthew 1:23 NAS

Emmanuel, Emmanuel.
Wonderful, Counselor!
Lord of life, Lord of all;
He’s the Prince of Peace,
Mighty God, Holy One!
Emmanuel, Emmanuel.

No comments: