Saturday, April 12, 2008

a personal relationship with Jesus Christ

It began as a normal day, just like any other. But, that day, something changed. I changed. For me, it became a day of new beginnings. That day, God was tugging at my heart. I listened, I believed, I accepted, and I repented. I felt the love of God. I became a Christian. No other day has ever been the same.

Often, becoming a Christian appears to be a difficult and confusing act. Actually, it’s the faith and belief and trust in the salvation offered by God thru Jesus. When we accept Jesus into our hearts, He comes into our lives, changes us, and fulfills needs we never knew existed. It’s understanding that Jesus died for our sins, and that He conquered death, and He lives forever.

A Christian is one who is “like Christ”. It’s our words and actions and attitudes that show we are followers of Jesus. A Christian is not just a name, it’s a description of the life we live. It’s an example of a heart changed by Jesus.

Exactly what is Christianity?
-It’s the belief in Jesus Christ as Savior of the world.
-It’s a faith based on the belief that Jesus Christ is the son of God, sent to earth to save mankind from the punishment of sin.
-It’s the belief that every person has been given an opportunity through Jesus’ death and resurrection to enter into a personal relationship with God on earth and for eternity.
-It’s believing that the Bible is the living, breathing Word of God and without error.

Some people believe that a casket six feet under is the absolute end of life. How terribly heartbreaking! How tragic is a life lived without believing in Jesus and the eternal life we can have with Him! Our life on this earth is just a tiny glimpse in eternity. This life is not the end! One day, look upward to the heavens, you’ll see Jesus coming for all His children. What a marvelous day it will be!

For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day." John 6:40 (NAS)

No comments: