Wednesday, April 16, 2008

when i’m unable to sleep, i’m able to think….about grace

to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. And He made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ,
Ephesians 1:6-9 NIV


The grace of God – for me, it was a difficult concept to wrap my mind and heart around. It was hard for me to fully understand and completely grasp the grace of God. In a desire to learn more, I’d read several books on the subject, and studied many verses in the Bible relating to the grace of God. I can across many descriptions, definitions, and specifics.

There was a time in my life that I felt far removed from grace. This gift is never deserved, and it took a little faith before I could accept God’s grace for me. In this life, I'll never be worthy to receive God’s free gift of grace. So, just like I am, it’s okay to accept God’s grace.

God gives His grace freely, and it’s inseparable from His love. My life ought to be spent, every moment of it, in returning His love thru worship. And, thru shining His love into the lives of others. This giving back and sharing the love of Christ is achieved by my acceptance of God’s grace, and being saved by faith.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- Ephesians 2:8 NIV

The grace of God - it may be seen in all of His glory. It may be seen in faith and salvation. I’m saved to praise the glory of His grace that He has freely given thru His dearly beloved Son. It’s by God’s grace that I‘m forgiven and saved!

The Grace of God is worth more than this world and this life can ever give!

No comments: