Tuesday, February 11, 2014

God is...

It’s impossible for me to fully describe God.  I can’t.  Within the pages of The Holy Bible, many attributes of God are revealed. I don’t know, nor understand every single one.

I sometimes search the internet for other Christian’s views, feelings, and thoughts about who God is.  A.W. Tozer is one of my sources. His books, quotes, devotionals, etc. provide insights to me that better explain the attributes of God.  (The post below is a snapshot of some of his works.)

This is my list (alphabetical order).  Some from hymns and songs, Christmas and Easter programs at church, sermons, those I remember from the Bible, and...

God is...

Almighty
the Beginning and the End
Bread of Life
Bright and Morning Star
Compassionate
Counselor
Creator
Deliverer
Eternal
Everlasting
Faithful
Forgiving
God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit
the Great I Am
Holy
Immanuel
Just
King of Kings
Lamb of God
Light of the World
Lilly of the Valley
Lord of Lords
Love
Master
Merciful
Messiah
Mighty
Miraculous
Omnipresent
Powerful
Prince of Peace
Provider
Redeemer
Righteous
Savior
Shepherd
Teacher
True
the Way, the Truth, and the Life
the Word
Wonderful

No comments: