Wednesday, November 13, 2013

eagle's wings

He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:29-31 NLT
I love these verses.  They create a beautiful picture in my mind......

I’m not the most patient person.  I’m sure of it.  I want to get up and get on with it.  I may feel this way, but that’s not the way it is.  Most of the time I have little energy or gumption to charge full speed ahead.  I do a lot of waiting around, doing what I can do, doing what I absolutely have to do, not feeling like doing much of anything. Nothing.  I can blame fibromyalgia or the herniated disc, yet there are things I can do.   Key thing, yet there are things I can do.  I’m not the most patient person.

Waiting.  Watching and waiting to see how God will use me to encourage others.  Waiting can mean looking forward to something or waiting with anticipation or waiting and hoping. Waiting.  Yes, waiting to see what God is going to do.  Patiently.  Not so patiently.  Waiting.

When I get discouraged waiting to be feel better, I get frustrated.  I get tired of doing nothing.  But, face it, I have no idea what God’s plans are.  He has a purpose.  He prepares.  He encourages.  He strengthens.  I know it is in His time.  At some point, I know God will use me in a most unexpected way.  I just have to patiently wait.  In the mean time, there is plenty I can do.  And, I don’t have to wait.  I can grow as a Christian.  I can spend more time talking to God.  I can study His word and learn and apply His truths.  I can reach out to others. Yes, I can do something.

No comments: