Wednesday, April 17, 2013

quick quotes

Dwight L Moody (1837-1899)

Joy is love exalted; peace is love in repose; long-suffering is love enduring;
gentleness is love in society; goodness is love in action; faith is love on
the battlefield; meekness is love in school; and temperance is love in
training.

I prayed for faith and thought that some day faith would come down and strike
me like lightning. But faith did not seem to come. One day I read in the tenth
chapter of Romans, "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God."
I had up to this time closed my Bible and prayed for faith. I now opened my
Bible and began to study, and faith has been growing ever since.

A man can no more take in a supply of grace for the future than he can eat
enough today to last him for the next 6 months, nor can he inhale sufficient
air into his lungs with one breath to sustain life for a week to come. We are
permitted to draw upon God's store of grace from day to day as we need it.

No comments: