Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Yesterday was a very good day.  Our kids and three grandkids were here!  

Their Mom had been asked to speak at two ladies meetings, one at 10:30 am and the other at 7:00 pm.  She talked about how her journey began.  She told of her life experiences overseas: about her average day, adjusting to a new culture, different customs, learning the language, the numerous obstacles she faced, and so much more.  She made us aware of several specific areas we need to remember.  Some of them were unexpected.  There were many questions asked and answered.  She did a wonderful job! 

As I sat listening, my mind wandered (I’m sorry about that).  I remembered the first time I met her, the college years, the engagement ring, the wedding, the birth of my grandkids (one girl, two boys, & little girl out there that will join the family soon).  I listened to her speak with ease and wisdom and confidence.   

There were many ladies there, from young to advanced in age.  Over the years, I feel sure a large number have sat and listened to others talk about their experiences.  But this one was different.  This was my daughter-in-law.  The wife of my son.  The mother of my grandkids.  The one they can relate to.    The one they’ve heard so much about.  The one sitting before them in person.  The one I’m blessed to have in my life.

Yes, yesterday was a very good day.

(For the evening meeting, I had my sweet granddaughter in my lap.  I will cherish the smell of freshly shampooed hair, feeling her body relaxing, and her breathing changing to sleep.  So precious!)

1 comment:

theStovers said...

So glad I got to come and share!