Wednesday, October 10, 2012

declares the LORD



For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
 
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

I have read and/or seen and/or studied this verse a zillion times – in the Bible and on greeting cards and devotionals and on bookmarks and calendars and encouraging quotes and videos and in lessons and on web pages and sermons and in books and wall art and blogs and Bible covers and Facebook and coffee mugs and paintings and more...

Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:12-13

Verses 12 and 13 are just as powerful. 

I’m certainly no Bible scholar, but from what I understand, these verses are reminding His chosen people of His unbreakable covenant with Abraham.

These verses hold a special place in my heart.  He knows what I am.  He knows what He wants me to be.  He knows He is here for me.  He knows He will hear when I pray.  He knows I will find Him in my heart. 

No comments: