Tuesday, October 23, 2012

beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful words of life


Every so often I come across a verse (or verses) that I focus on the meaning of each word.  The verse from this week covered a few responsibilities of Christians.  (Note the word ‘few’)

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love.
(1 Corinthians 16:13-14 NIV)

guard – Be alert.  Be watchful.  Be prepared.  Be ready.  Be focused.

stand firm  Stand certain.  Stand sure.  Stand steadfast.  Stand fixed.

courageous – Be brave.  Be bold.  Be confident.  Be fearless.  Be secure.   

strong – Be fit.  Be able.  Be capable.  Be determined.   
  
love – Love God with all your heart, soul, and mind.  Love your enemies.  Love one another.

Since I’m not a Biblical scholar, I’ve most likely ‘interpreted’ some of this verse incorrectly.  But, I do believe the entire Bible is the inerrant and infallible Word of God.

No comments: