Monday, January 31, 2011

fear?


Now all has been heard;
   here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
   for this is the duty of all mankind.
For God will bring every deed into judgment,
   including every hidden thing,
   whether it is good or evil.
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 NIV

As Christians, we are to fear God and obey His commands.  That’s what Christians are to do.  And, God knows every thing about us, both the good and the bad.  

What does ‘fear’ God mean?  When I was young, I thought I was supposed to be scared of God.  But, I was very wrong.

To fear God is to be reverent of Him and in awe of Him and respect Him and obey Him and worship Him.  We are to allow God to impact our lives and follow Him and understand that He hates sin and He will judge our sins.

Yes, I fear God, but I’m not afraid of Him.  I live my life for Him and He lives within me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogging, Liz! ;)