Thursday, August 19, 2010

two years ago, on this date....

-->
In August of 2008, I visited with my kids and granddaughter for a couple of wonderful days.  We only had one car at the time, since hubs vehicle was in the shop replacing a stolen catalytic converter.  On the 19th of August, hubs went to work, and left straight from there to come get me.  We enjoyed a dinner with the little lady and her Mom.

On our way home, hubby gave me a pretty box with a nice bow.  The pretty box with the nice bow had a lovely pair of earrings (he has a knack for picking out birthday gifts).  And, as it turned out, the stunning gift was a timely gift - especially since my jewelry had been reduced to three pairs of earrings (counting the new ones), one necklace, one bracelet, and the three rings on my fingers.

After getting home, we went in and put some things on the kitchen table, and hubby went back outside for the rest of my stuff.  I looked to see if we had any phone messages, grabbed the phone, then noticed something was very different, and ran back outside.

I was upset, I was crying, I was in shock, I was frightened, I was infuriated, I was traumatized, I was scared, I was distressed, I was …well, you get the picture.  I dialed 911 somewhere between frightened and infuriated because someone had broken into our home… by forcible entry…we had been burglarized…

Where the pc had once rested, was an outline of dust.  The dresser had a dust free rectangle, where there had been a jewelry box.  After looking around carefully, we noticed several more things that were stolen.  I actually was amused to see our dirty clothes strewn around the missing hamper.  The police told us hampers were a popular item to carry the stolen items.

The things that were taken were things, only just things.  Some could be replaced fairly easily – the pc etc.  But, there were many items that could never be replaced.

For the rest of that week, I was on the phone for approximately 12 hours (I'm not exaggerating).  This mess caused a lot of hard work, and I had no inkling just how much of a mess and overwhelming work with police reports, forms for the insurance, the bank stuff, credit bureaus …ugh…

None of this matters, it isn’t even important.

I have blessings in abundance, I have blessings I’m not aware of, I have blessings I don’t deserve, I have blessings, blessings, blessings…  And, God is the giver of blessings.

Don’t forget the blessings, don’t ever forget the blessings…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with you about our blessings and how we are often reminded that God's blessings are given to us in such an overwhelming way.

My sister-in-law is a blogger! Here's her link: http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/
Every Saturday, she hosts "Pink Saturday" where almost 200 of her friends, also post. Literally, there are people on the site from around the world. You may enjoy it.

I am glad we're facebook friends. It's fun getting to know each other again as adults.
Take care,
Kay