Tuesday, June 8, 2010

hi little bird...

While in my garden this afternoon, I saw and heard a baby bird. She (or he) was trying to fly, but the poor little thing just couldn’t make it more than a few inches off the ground. I leaned against the picnic table to watch and listen.

The mother bird was just a few feet away, and she was rapidly talking ‘bird speak’ to her little one, and demonstrating (with apparent patience) how to take flight. I declare it sounded like the baby was crying for help, and the mommy was encouraging her to keep trying. After a tense few minutes, the baby made it up to a low branch. Yeah!

The mother bird built an intricate nest and became protective of her new home. She laid the eggs, keep them warm, cleaned the babies when they hatched, maintained a clean nest, brought food for them to grow strong, gave flying lessions when it was time to go out into the big world. And, all of this is accomplished by God-given instinct. He is a mighty and incredible God!

Of course, this reminded me of a Bible verse spoken by Jesus…
Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? Matthew 6:26 NAS

I can’t comprehend how such a great God created everything that is. All of His creation is vast, complex, complete, astonishing, infinite, and perfect. From the tiny little things we can’t see, to the vast universe we can only see a speck of, my God is awesome and amazing!

Wow!!! In all of His creation, He cares about me? After I accepted Jesus into my heart, He lives within me as my Lord and Savior! Yes, He cares about you, too!!!!! If you’re living all alone in this great big world, please don’t try it all by yourself. Ask Jesus into your heart. He will be your personal Lord and Savior. He will be there to love you, to comfort you, to guide you, to help you, to direct you, to carry you, to understand you, to support you, to listen to you, to give you peace, to give you hope, and to give you eternal life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to look at things though your eyes sis!
Love Mary