Saturday, June 26, 2010

‘attitude of gratitude’


One of my Facebook friends is a gracious, kind, and wise Christian woman.  She often ends a post with ‘attitude of gratitude’.  I like that phrase, and it got me to thinking.  It’s one more example of thanking God for the brutal times and the bad times and the better times and the best times.

When I focus on what I’m grateful for, it’s hard to focus on what I think is awful and terrible.  Being positive feels a lot better than being angry or miserable, and I’ve been both.  The more grateful I become, the more my happiness quotient soars.

When I find myself in a bad situation, I hope I’m reminded of my FB friend’s words - ‘attitude of gratitude’.

Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe,
Hebrews 12:28 ESV


No comments: