Tuesday, February 16, 2010

shhhhhhh...

Lately, I haven’t taken much time to be silent before God. It’s hard to hear Him speak when I’m not still before Him. There’s not a single reason or any sorry excuse or anything else to blame why I haven’t. When I get caught up in day-to-day things... yes, things. Is there anything or anyone or anywhere that is more important? Nope.

And, Jesus died for my sins and He knows my name and He cares about me and He is my salvation and He loves me and He blesses me and He hears my prayers and...

When I read these words today, I felt a warm and comforting embrace. My Father welcomes me into His arms and covers me with His love. For these precious moments, I sit by my Father and rest at His feet.

Let Your God Love You

Be silent.
Be still. Alone,
Empty
Before your God.
Say nothing.
Be silent.

Be still.
Let your God
Look upon you.
That is all.
God knows,
Understands,
Loves you with
An enormous love.
God only wants to
Look upon you
With Love.
Quiet.
Still.
Be.

Let your God –
Love you.

by Edwina Gately (from There Was No Path but I Trod One)

No comments: