Friday, February 12, 2010

consider it pure joy

In living day-to-day, I often find myself focused on myself. I dwell on me. I think about my struggles and my physical pain and my troubles and my misery and my circumstances. I have my very own ‘pity party’. I’m too occupied with myself and I’m too self-absorbed. Good grief, do I really think I have problems? Do I really think that ...?

Wake up Liz! STOP!

I have no reason to dwell on the miniscule ‘problems’ I think I have. My life is blessed, I should be thankful and appreciate that my problems are so small.

Instead, God can use me just the way I am. I don’t have to understand it. I don’t need to question it. I just need to let Him have all areas of my life. The more I pray and the more I study God’s Word, I lean on Him more and more. The closer to God I am, the more I am strengthened. It’s hard for me to be happy about my problems, but there are reasons to be so.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:1-4 NAS

1 comment:

momofthreegirls said...

I have learned that God does have a plan for everything we go through. Although it isn't pleasant most of the time it is to develop us and help us to trust God more.