Thursday, February 25, 2010

broken before blessed

For me to be fixed, I first must be broken.

I have to be disciplined before I can be used. I can’t be prideful or arrogant or rebellious or stubborn or resistant or selfish. I must have humility and be obedient and be repentant and to grow and become equipped for His service. I have to totally yield and surrender my life to Him, or He can’t use me.

There are many pathways to brokenness. It may be because of sickness, it may be because of sin, it may be because of death, it may be because of sorrow, it may be because of poverty, it may be because of a strong self-will, it may be because of anger, it may be because of trials, it may be because of difficulties, it may be because of hard circumstances.

Just what’s it going to take to break me before the Lord?
I must bow humbly and broken before God.
Yes, the Lord blesses broken things!

God is most glorified in us when we are most broken before Him.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. Psalm 51:17 NIV

The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18 NIV

No comments: