Wednesday, January 13, 2010

what’s in a name? part 2


God is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. The many names of God describe His characteristics and His attributes and His qualities. God is Eternal and Holy and Righteous and Just and Sovereign and Infinite and Almighty and Perfect and Merciful and Faithful. God is Omnipotence (all-powerful) and Omniscience (all-knowing) and Omnipresence (all-present). How majestic is the name of God!




In Exodus, God said “I AM”. In John, Jesus said “I AM”. He is our everything.

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
Exodus 3:14 NAS

Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. John 6:35

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me John 10:14

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; John 11:25

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. John 15:1

"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" John 8:58

And, as for me, ‘I am a child of God’.

No comments: